Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management
This e-book is available through the IET’s digital Wiring Regulations platform. Once you have completed your purchase, details of how to download and access your e-book will be sent to you with your order confirmation.
The aim of the Code of Practice is to provide good practice guidance to enable individuals and their organisations to have a level of knowledge and understanding to manage the risks associated with an electrical system. There are many technical publications that provide guidance on certain aspects of electrical safety but not in a way that provides a process for managing electrical safety.
In achieving this aim, the Code of Practice has the following objectives:
- To provide the good practice practical guidance in the form of a self-assessment so that the user can follow a systematic approach to understanding the management of various aspects of an electrical system for their organisation
- For the guidance to be understood and usable by a broad range of individuals technical and non-technical disciplines
- To enable the end user to create and implement an effective electrical safety management system where nothing is currently in place or to enhance an existing system
The Code of Practice is applicable to the buildings, facilities, equipment and environments associated with a wide range of organisations, irrespective of size, which includes the industrial, commercial and the public sectors.
Why choose the e-book?
- Simple access with all content available on and offline, no matter where you’re working
- Personalisation with bookmarks and the ability to add notes throughout
- Easy referencing, with page layouts that match the printed books