Code of Practice for Grid Connected Solar Photovoltaic Systems
This e-book is available through the IET’s digital Wiring Regulations platform. Once you have completed your purchase, details of how to download and access your e-book will be sent to you with your order confirmation.
This Code of Practice sets out the requirements for the design, specification, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) systems installed in the UK. It is aimed at ensuring safe, effective and competently installed solar PV systems.
The Code will provide the information required to ensure that a solar PV system is designed, installed and operated to comply with relevant UK / international standards and good practice recommendations. Coverage includes:
- All parts of a grid-connected solar PV system up to and including the connection to the AC mains.
- LV and HV connections and components.
- All scales of application, from small domestic systems to large scale PV farms.
- Building-mounted, building-integrated and ground-mounted systems.
- Grid-connected systems with battery storage.
Note: Off-grid solar PV and concentrating solar PV systems are not specifically covered by this document, however some elements of this document may apply.
Why choose the e-book?
- Simple access with all content available on and offline, no matter where you’re working
- Personalisation with bookmarks and the ability to add notes throughout
- Easy referencing, with page layouts that match the printed books