Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management in the Highway Electrical Sector
This e-book is available through the IET’s digital Wiring Regulations platform. Once you have completed your purchase, details of how to download and access your package will be sent to you following your order confirmation. Please note, this may take up to 24 hours.
The aim of this Code of Practice is to provide information and guidance in a coherent and consistent way to individuals and organisations working within the highway electrical sector to enable them to manage the risks associated with this sector. The Code is also applicable to any similar exterior equipment installed and maintained in any area over, under or through which the public has access.
To achieve this aim, the Code of Practice has the following objectives:
- To provide reasonable practical advice to enable those working within the highway electrical sector to manage risks through the application of sound engineering judgement
- To provide a consistent good practice guide for designers and other practitioners within the highway electrical sector
- To act as the basis for extending the application of the principles of this Code of Practice to other relevant equipment or systems not explicitly mentioned within this document
- To recognise that the guidance contained in this Code of Practice can be assessed and audited to identify areas of improvement, through the application of self-assessment and the checklist questions contained in the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management
Choosing the e-book version also offers:
- Simple access with all content available on and offline, no matter where you’re working
- Personalisation with bookmarks and the ability to add notes throughout
- Easy referencing, with page layouts that match the printed books