Model Form of Contract MF/1 2024 (Revision 7)
For the design, supply and installation of electrical, electronic and mechanical plant
Containing clear, simple language designed specifically for engineering projects, Revision 7 to this model form of contract (commonly known as MF/1) contains general conditions that have been adapted over many years to provide assurance for both parties involved with a contract.
A trusted document for over 100 years, MF/1 is the perfect document for use in specific projects, especially those involving complicated wiring elements. Specific changes made in this revision include:
- Revision of several clauses including:
- Certificate and payment clauses
- Execution as a deed
- Insurance clauses
- Adjudication clauses
- Clearer differentiation for those using the form in UK / abroad. This has been achieved by the introduction of a new international contract schedule (to include areas such as modern slavery, bribery and data protection).
- Some tidying up of language including ensuring gender neutrality (this has involved changing approx. 190 instances of masculine language) and some dated terminology.
- Improvements in presentation to make it look less dated and where possible improve the usability of the Fillable PDF version.
About the Author
Written by an experienced lawyer at Mills and Reeve with significant input from a Drafting Committee of engineering and legal experts.